Doctors and Staff
Meet the experienced and friendly dentists and staff who make Hernando Smiles the leading provider of oral hygiene and personalized dental services in Hernando.
Robert Smith Jr, DDS
Dr. Robert Smith loves living and working in Hernando since 1982. He is proud to serve the community in many ways in addition to dentistry. Throughout his career, he has placed emphasis on relationship and service to others. He has a unique perspective on how care should be delivered to his patients. He has served in leadership positions in different and very important organizations. He has been married to the former Betty Byars of Grenada, MS for forty-four years. They have one son named, Trey.
- Associate of Science, Northwest Jr. College, Senatobia, MS 1973
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from Memphis State University 1977
- Doctor of Dental Surgery from University of Tennessee 1981
- Life Member in ADA and MSDA
- Listed in America’s Top Dentists 2005 to present by Consumers Research Council of America
- Fellow of Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Fellow in Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow in American College Of Dentists
- Lobbyist in Washington, DC for American Dental Association for Mississippi
- Mississippi State Board of Dental Examiners 2005-2011, 2017-2023
- Southern Conference of Dental Deans and Examiner
- CDCA Examiner since 2011
- CHA Examiner since 2005
Community Honors/ Accomplishments
- Northwest Community College Alumnus of the Year 1996
- Northwest Community College Board of Trustees 2012-2013
- Silver Beaver Boy Scout Award, Chickasaw Council 2008
- District Award of Merit by Boy Scouts Northwest MS
- James E. West Award by Boy Scouts of America Chickasaw Council
- Paul Harris Fellow Rotarian Award (37 years of perfect attendance)
- Former President of Hernando Rotary Club
- Northwest Community College Foundation Board President 2008-2012
- Gideons International since 1989
Charlotte – Registered Dental Hygienist
I have worked as a dental hygienist in several locations, but I have been fortunate to work with Dr. Smith for the past 36 years. My long tenure in this office is a good indication of how much we all enjoy working together. The biggest reward of my career as a dental hygienist is being a constant in our patient’s lives. We see everyone on a regular basis, and they count on me to keep them healthy with routine care. All the research points to protecting your long-term health too, and that’s another reason why I love what I do.
Emily – Registered Dental Hygienist
I started working with Dr. Smith in 1994 as an assistant and later went back to school to become a hygienist. It’s hard to believe I’ve been with his practice for over 25 years; time flies! The best thing about being here is helping our patients improve their smiles. I love making everyone feel at home and I feel blessed to have chosen a career I love so much. The long lasting relationships we have here are what make our office special.
Jessica T. – Dental Assistant and Front Desk
I will be the first person greeting you at the door. I can guide you through the dental process from start to finish. I will make sure all your dental needs are met. I will go over in detail with your visit from insurance to your next appointment. I am also a dental assistant for Dr. Smith so you might see me helping in the back. I have been with Dr. Smith since 2010.
Amy – Dental Assistant
I’m a full time assistant to Dr. Smith since 2010. I will be the one to help you through your dental procedures and ensuring you are comfortable, safe, and in a relaxing environment. I sterilize, stock, and order for the office so we are prepared.
Jessica A. – Dental Assistant and Insurance Specialist
I work as an assistant since 2016. My calming personality will help keep you comfortable during any procedures. You may see me at the front desk also. I answer phones and take care of your insurance verification. I help anywhere there is a need.